History

History

The Hauser Weishaar Funeral Home is a family owned and operated business. We are large enough to give our families the same service as the largest funeral homes around, yet we are small enough that each family gets the level of attention and care they deserve.

Hauser Funeral Home was founded in 1897 by Christian Hauser. Chris started the Hauser Furniture and Undertaking Store at 111 N. Main Street in Charles City. In 1930, he sold the furniture store and moved the funeral home to 900 Blunt Street where it operated until it was destroyed in a tornado on May 15, 1968. Carl F. Hauser joined his father, Chris, at the Chris Hauser and Son Funeral Home in 1938, purchasing the business from his father in 1946 and changing the name to Hauser Funeral Home.

Following the tornado in 1968, the city council declared the downtown a disaster redevelopment area and forced the funeral home to leave the area. It took two years to build the present white brick colonial building which was dedicated June 14, 1970 at 1205 S. Main Street.

Carl C. "Kip" Hauser joined his father, Carl, in 1965. Kip, and wife Judy, purchased the funeral home in 1974 and created Hauser Funeral Home, Inc. In January of 2002, Robert and Toni Erickson, owners of Major Erickson Funeral Home in Mason City, purchased the 104 year old Hauser name and corporation from Kip and Judy Hauser. Today, the Hauser Weishaar Funeral Home continues to be family owned and operated with Charles City resident John Weishaar as funeral director and owner.

Hauser Weishaar Funeral Home | (641) 228-2323
1205 South Main Street, Charles City, IA 50616


© Hauser Weishaar Funeral Home
Crafted with care by Frazer Consultants